Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Master Bedroom Throwbacks and a New Floor


Today I'm sharing my bedroom makeover.

And how many times have I said that...

Many times!

But this time, we ripped out the carpet and put down hardwood floors!

First, let us look back and reminisce...


Wow.


Just wow! Remember the red bathroom with the brown accents? 

Well, here's the red bedspread. And the brown curtains. And the brown furniture.

And a futon at the end of the bed. I have no idea!

Clearly, I was trying.


And then the whole beach thing...


This was good. I should have stayed with this. All the neutrals that I love!


Why didn't I stay with that?

But I had the great idea to paint everything blue, and I painted all the furniture hardware silver and added pops of green. 

Again, trying to lighten things up. 

And trying to like color.


And then there was gray. 

As I type this, I realize how understanding my husband is. I won't mention the one day I painted the living room and put everything back before he got home from work, and he didn't notice until several weeks later. 

We won't mention that.


These are recent BEFORE pics of the bedroom.





I do love the white walls. So many people say it's clean looking... and yes, it is, even when it's not. 

Speaking of not... 
Here's the real deal of makeovers.




I'm slowly getting the mess cleaned up and things put back. Now that you've seen the befores, I'll show you one project at the time as I get them done. 

Fast forward to new hardwood floors.



I have a clean slate here. 

So much left to do but I'm really excited!

Thank you for stopping by and remind yourself that you're doing great! At least you haven't painted your bedroom 10 times only to come back to the color white.

Have a Blessed day!
Sherry





9 comments:

  1. All your choices, old and new, are lovely. If I didn’t have to go through what you showed in the prep and moving everything stage, I might think of change myself. However, then I would have to think of colors, of placement, of light, and oh my, just thinking is tiring me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, do I understand all the different styles and colors, I've done the same thing. Now I am hooked on white like you. I love, love, love your floors. Can't wait to see the rest of the room put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to look back through our decor and to see where we are going with our tastes through the years. I love the new floors they look so great. It is fun to have a clean slate to work with. I cannot wait to see this finished.
    You go girl!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow you have done a lot of changes to your room over the years. I love the way the white looks with the nueturals and I love the gray too. I really love your new wood floors. I can relate to the messes it makes as we just had our bathroom redone and my living room was a disaster!! LOL. I can't wait to see more.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, just when I really like the redo, you up and change it again...LOL! Seriously, so many great looks and the new woods floors will make all of the difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry, I love that you are always changing your home . . . it's fun to make changes. I also appreciate the story about your sweet husband not even noticing . . . I think that is typical male behavior, LOL.
    Your new floor is beautiful and I know that you are looking forward to making the new changes that you have in mind. I'm looking forward to seeing them. Don't be putting all of your past designs down . . . you have done some charming things through the years. Feathering our nests . . . isn't it fun!
    Thank you for the lovely comment that you left on my blog. You touched my heart,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. Yes, neutral walls are always a good idea. Love those floors! Haha, my husband takes awhile to notice as well unless it's very different. Isn't it fun to see how our tastes have changed over the years? I can't wait to see how your room comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rooms looked wonderful every way you have done them, I would love to change some things around here too but I just don't have the ambition but seeing all the great things you have done I may just have to give it a try here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are kindred spirits, my Friend! I believe a well-loved home is always evolving ;) Love your new floors! Hugs, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction

    ReplyDelete